If you follow me on Instagram, which you should if you want to follow my DCP journey, you might have seen that I’ll be doing a sugar fast for the next several weeks. This means I’m not going to be eating or making anything with sugar in it (with the exception of sugar in my tea and coffee). Because I’m at school where I’m teased by an assortment of endless cookies, cakes, and ice cream in the cafeteria I decided to make myself a “sweet” treat I could enjoy while I’m sugar free. These brownies are amazing and I used to make them even when sugar was a regular part of my diet, and to be honest I’m not really sure why we stopped making them… 🤔 oh well 🤗 I have them now and that’s what matters. So below I’m going to put the recipe for these amazing sugar free brownies.
- 200(7oz) grams of unsweetened baking chocolate.
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda.
- 200/225(7-8oz) grams soaked raisins (or pitted dates but I don’t like those so I use raisins).
- 3 eggs.
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil.
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract.
- Preheat oven to 350 and grease an 8X8 pan.
- Blend soaked raisins until it is a smooth, liquid consistency.
- Melt the chocolate and blend that in with the raisins. If you’re using unsweetened cocoa powder melt the coconut oil, mix it with the cocoa powder, and then blend that with the raisins.
- Add the eggs, baking soda, and vanilla extract.
- Blend everything together until it is a smooth, even consistency.
- Then poor into an 8X8 pan and bake at 350 for 20-30 min. Start closer to twenty and add time as these can be somewhat finicky.
That’s it, the recipe for my favorite sugar free brownies. Give them a try, you won’t regret it 😋